· “Austin: Sense and Sensuality,” J.L. Austin Centenary Conference, Lancaster University, England, April 2011.
· “The Education of Grownups,” panel discussion by some of the contributors to Stanley Cavell and the Education of Grownups, Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy, Spokane, Washington, March 2011.
· “Feeling Words: An Attitude to Linguistic Life,” invited lecture, “A New Form of Seeing: Wittgenstein in the 21st Century,” Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, Lima, December 2010.
· “Violescent Sensuality: Beyond Deleuze’s Logic of Sensation,” invited lecture in the Lehigh Humanities Center series on Excess, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, November 2010.
· “Resonating Rhythms: Gilles Deleuze, Francis Bacon, and Sensual Enjoyment,” a paper accepted but not delivered because of volcanic activity of Eyjafjallajökull in Iceland, RESONANCE(S): A Deleuze and Guattari Conference on Philosophy, Arts and Politics, Bilgi University, Istanbul, Turkey, April 2010.
· Live Presentation of “The Mechanism of Meaning: A Pedagogical Sketchbook,” invited lecture, RAUCUS: Celebrating the Launching of an Art-Science of Viability, Barnard College, New York City, April 2010.
· “The Mechanism of Meaning: A Pedagogical Sketchbook,” invited paper, the Third International Conference on Arakawa and Gins, March 2010.
· “Punctuation in Gertrude Stein and Wittgenstein,” invited keynote address, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, Interdisciplinary Association for Philosophy and Religious Studies, 22nd Annual Conference, University of Pennsyl-vania, Slippery Rock, April 2009.
· “Sensual Consciousness in James and Bergson,” 3rd Philosophy Conference, ATINER, Athens, Greece, June 2008.
· “Not Pretty. Beautiful,” Program in Cultures, Civilizations, and Ideas, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey, April 2008.
· “The Enormous Danger,” Philosophy Department, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey, April 2008.
· “A Deleuze Cookbook,” Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, April 2008.
· “Learning Comma Living,” the Second International Arakawa + Gins Architecture + Philosophy Conference, Slought Foundation, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 2008.
Special issue of Axiomathes on the Interactivist Model:
· Bickhard, M. H. (2011). “Does Process Matter? An Introduction to the Special Issue on Interactivism,” Axiomathes, 21: 1–2. DOI 10.1007/s10516-010-9124-x
· Bickhard, M. H. (2011). “Some Consequences (and Enablings) of Process Metaphysics,” Axiomathes, 21: 3–32. DOI 10.1007/s10516-010-9130-z
· Campbell, R. J. and Bickhard, M. H. (2011). “Physicalism, Emergence and Downward Causation,” Axiomathes, 21: 33–56. DOI: 10.1007/s10516-010-9128-6
Special issue of Synthese on the Interactivist Model:
· Bickhard, M. H. (2009). “Interactivism: Introduction to the Special Issue,” Synthese 166 (no. 3): 449–451. DOI 10.1007/s11229-008-9371-1
· Bickhard, M. H. (2009). “The Interactivist Model,” Synthese 166 (no. 3): 547–591. DOI 10.1007/s11229-008-9375-x
Keynote address, “Society and Creative Rationality,” Celebration of 40th Anniversary, University of Guanajuato, Mexico, December 2008.
· “Language as an Interaction System,” Penn Linguistics Colloquium 34, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, March 2010
· “The Metaphysics of Personhood,” American Psychological Association Division 24 Winter Meetings, Miami, February 2010
· “Toward an Ontological Psychology,” American Psychological Association Division 24 Winter Meetings, Miami, February 2010
· With Carpendale, J., Martin, J., Racine, T., and Sugarman, J. Panel Discussion: “Early Social Development,” Interactivist Summer Institute, Vancouver, June 2009.
· With Müller, U. Panel Discussion: “Executive Function,” Interactivist Summer Institute, Vancouver, June 2009.
· “The Induction and Control of Central Nervous System Attractor Landscapes: The Emergence of Representational Normativity in the Brain.,” Interactivist Summer Institute, Vancouver, June 2009.
· “Frontiers of Interactivism,” Interactivist Summer Institute, Vancouver, June 2009.
· “Parmenides to Persons,” Interactivist Summer Institute, Vancouver, June 2009.
· “Some Issues in Metaethics,” Interactivist Summer Institute, Vancouver, June 2009.
· With Campbell, R., and Christopher, J. C. “Developmental Psychology of the Whole Person: Transcending False Alternatives,” Interactivist Summer Institute, Vancouver, June 2009.
· “Is Cognition Necessarily Embodied?” Jean Piaget Society, Park City, Utah, June 2009.
· “Some Principles of Dynamics and Development,” Jean Piaget Society, Park City, Utah, June 2009.
· “Cognition and Evolutionary Epistemology,” University of Guanajuato, Mexico, December 2008.
· “Cortical Dynamics and Cognitive Dynamics,” Laboratoire Adaptation Perceptivo-Motice et Apprentissagae, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France, November 2008.
· “The Emergence of Normativity,” Workshop on Emergence: Nature’s Mode of Creativity – The Human Dimension, IRAS (Institute on Religion in an Age of Science), Star Island, New Hampshire, July 2008.
· “The Microgenetic Dynamics of Cortical Attractor Landscapes,” Workshop on Dynamics in and of Attractor Landscapes, Parmenides Foundation, Isola d’Elba, Italy, May 2008.
· “From Agency to Social Agency,” Franklin and Marshall, Conference on Human Action and the Natural World, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, March 2008.
· “Darwinian Explanations,” Darwin’s Birthday Celebration, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, February 2008.
· Lehigh Student Affairs Award, January 2012. Nominated by students or Student Affairs staff as “as a strong partner in the holistic development of students both inside and outside of the classroom.”
· Elected President of the Society for Analytical Feminism, 2011.
· Invited to participate in 2011 Oxford Round Table, Oxford, England.
· “Arrogance, Humility, and Self-Respect,” ATINER international conference in Philosophy, Athens, Greece, May 28, 2012.
· “Arrogance, Humility, and Self-Respect: A Kantian Analysis of Vice and Virtue,” for Kantian Ethics and Moral Life conference, 20–21 September 2012, Antwerp, Belgium, 28-31.
· Keynote address, “Beyond Satisficing: Design, Trade-Offs and the Rationality of Engineering,” Annual Meeting of the Forum for Philosophy, Engineering and Technology, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, May 2010.
Gregory M. Reihman
· Invited to serve an external representative on St. Joseph's University Academic Technology Leadership Committee (Summer 2012).
· Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Award “for outstanding contributions & dedicated service to the ‘One Man, Many Faces: The Identities of MLK’ committee.” (2011)
· “Challenges in Designing New Faculty Orientations” (Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching, Washington DC, June 2012).
· “Thoughts on Teaching Philosophy with an iPad” (Symposium on Teaching and Learning, Lehigh University April, 2012).
· “On the Place of Writing in a First-year Experience Course” Writing to Improve Learning at Lehigh Colloquium ( Lehigh University, April, 2011).
Recent and Forthcoming Publications
· “Malebranche and Chinese Philosophy: A Reconsideration,” forthcoming in the British Journal for the History of Philosophy (in early 2013).
· “Malebranche’s Influence on Leibniz’ Writings on China,” forthcoming in Philosophy East and West, 65:3 (July 2015)
Interviewed by New Books in Philosophy. A podcast of her interview can be heard here.
· Book, Philosophers in the 'Republic': Two Platonic Paradigms (Cornell, September 2012).
· Jerusalem, July 2012. Delivered paper on the concept of trial in the Bible, at a conference called, "Philosophical Investigation of the Bible, Midrash, and Talmud."
· University of Haifa, May 2012. Lecture at the Philosophy Dept. Colloquium: "Two Kinds of Philosophers in Plato's Republic."
· Texas Tech, March 2012. Seminar on "Justice and Moderation in Plato's Republic "; Public lecture: "Two Kinds of Philosophers in Plato's Republic."
· Lehigh Faculty Research Grant, 2011.
· Book, An Introduction to Logical Theory, Broadview Press, in-press.
· Book, Al-Ghazālī’s Moderation in Belief, an annotated translation, under contract with University of Chicago Press, submission deadline: 31 October 2012.
· Article, "Causality," in The Routledge Companion to Islamic Philosophy, edited by Richard C. Taylor and Luis Xavier López-Farjeat, Routledge, Oxford, forthcoming.
· Presentation, "Ibn Sīnā’s Causal Necessity and al-Ghazālī’s Occasionalism," Annual Congress of the Canadian Philosophical Association, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, May 2012.
· Presentation, "Causation between Ibn Sīnā and al-Ghazālī," Meeting of the Eastern Pennsylvania Philosophical Association, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, April 2012.
· Lehigh Faculty Research Grant, 2012.